How to Give
Your contribution to Community Shares of Wisconsin (CSW) will make a difference today and build a foundation for change in future generations. Gifts to CSW are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
There are many ways that you can give.
Most of our funds are raised through workplace giving campaigns. Workplace giving democratizes philanthropy by allowing employees to make tax-deductible donations through payroll contributions.
Check to see if your employer offers workplace giving through CSW, you can complete a pledge form during your campaign, and you can tell us how to distribute your gift:
- Give your gift to CSW and help support all of our members.
- Direct your gift to one or more of our member groups, and those groups will receive 100% of your gift. No part of your gift is kept for administrative purposes.
Would you like to start a CSW compaign at your office? It’s easy to do. Visit the Workplace Giving page to learn how.
- You may donate online now using our secure system. A donation to CSW will support all of our member nonprofits. You also may use our system to direct (designate) gifts to any of our members.
- If you’d like to mail your donation, please send a check to:
Community Shares of Wisconsin
612 West Main Street, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53703
Our Sustaining Donors are a special group of friends who commit to regular, sustained gifts throughout the year. This is a good option if you don’t have access to a CSW workplace giving program. With our Sustaining Donor program, you can divide your annual gift over the course of a year, making it easier on your monthly budget.
To sign up now using a credit card or debit card, use our online form and select your preferred giving schedule in the “Recurring” box. For more information, please contact Development Director Leah Nell Adams by or by phone at (608) 256-1066.
To set up your gift through EFT (electronic funds transfer), download this form and return it to Community Shares of Wisconsin, 612 West Main Street, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53703.
This is a wonderful way to acknowledge a person’s commitment to social change. Think about:
- Giving this gift to someone who doesn’t need or want any more “things”
- Celebrating a birthday or anniversary
- Giving a holiday gift in the names of family, friends, or coworkers
- Making a memorial to a loved one
To make a commemorative or memorial gift, you may use our secure system or mail your gift with a note including contact information for the gift recipient or his/her family.
For more information, please contact Development Director Leah Nell Adams by or by calling (608) 256-1066.
You may be able to avoid capital gains tax and earn a current-year tax deduction when you make a gift of stock to CSW. A gift of stock can be made by sending a letter to your broker requesting DTC transfer of the stock to the CSW account.
You can learn more from Executive Director Crystel Anders by or by phone at (608) 256-1066.
If you would like to make plans to leave a legacy of social change in the future, please join the Community Shares’ Fund for Social Justice and make a Legacy Gift. There are many options, including gifts that can earn lifetime income while minimizing or eliminating estate and gift taxes.
To make a Legacy Gift to Community Shares of Wisconsin, consult your financial advisor or attorney and contact our Executive Director Crystel Anders by or by phone at (608) 256-1066.
You can join the Fund for Social Justice by making a Legacy Gift in the form of:
- A cash gift to our endowment fund (managed by Madison Community Foundation)
- A bequest in your will or living trust
- Retirement plan assets
- Real property
- Tangible personal property
- Mutual funds and variable annuities
- Life insurance and fixed annuities
A bequest, through your will or living trust, is the simplest form of estate planning. If you are interested, here is sample bequest language you can take to your attorney:
I give, devise, and bequeath (insert amount of gift or percentage of estate, or residuary of estate) to Community Shares of Wisconsin, or its successor organization, located in Madison, Wisconsin, to support its activities in Wisconsin.
If you intend to leave a bequest, please inform us. Thank you in advance!