The Big Share is back with many ways for generous community members to share!
Madison, WI – Over seventy Madison-based nonprofit groups will be holding a community-wide fundraising day on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 during Community Shares of Wisconsin’s The Big Share campaign. With new nonprofits participating this year, groups are poised to raise $500,000.
“We’re heading into the sixth year of The Big Share and local groups are ready to raise more money than ever,” said Executive Director Cheri Dubiel. “The Big Share is more than a day of fundraising. It also grows social and environmental justice movements in our community. Groups learn new skills to engage with their supporters and make it easy for people of all ages to be generous to the causes they care about most.”
Community Shares of Wisconsin is featuring eight groups that are either new to Community Shares of Wisconsin’s fundraising federation or are emerging groups highlighted among CSW’s local Inspiring Voices causes:
- ConNEXTions – guides underrepresented young adults to achieve financial, educational, and career goals through mentoring, networking, and professional development.
- Mentoring Positives— an innovative, referral-based mentoring program that works directly with kids and families throughout Dane County and its surrounding areas.
- MOSES (Madison Organizing in Strength, Equality, and Solidarity)— an interfaith organization that works to promote social justice with a focus on ending mass incarceration.
- Orgullo Latinx LGBT+ of Dane County – works to build a safe, ethnically equitable, and racially just place for the Latinx LGBT+ community in Dane County.
- Padres e Hijos en Acción – helps Wisconsin’s Latino families by providing a community and support for Spanish-speaking children with autism.
- Positive Women for Change– an initiative that provides coaching services to underserved women who have faced adversity and financial disarray.
- Rebalanced-Life Wellness Association– aims to ensure that Black men and boys, who bear the heaviest burden of disease and poor health status, have the opportunity to live fuller, healthier lives.
- Voces de la Frontera — a membership-based organization that protects and expands civil and workers’ rights through leadership development, community organizing, and empowerment.
Events leading up to The Big Share will be announced on Community Shares of Wisconsin’s social media platforms. For a complete list of Community Shares nonprofits, visit our website: https://communityshares.com/member-nonprofits/nonprofits-list/nonprofits-list-alphabetically/
“The Big Share has always been a day when our community gets excited about a fun and easy way to give to their favorite nonprofits,” said Dubiel. “A new kickoff event this year will help build even more excitement and momentum for groups that are working for social justice in environmental protection in our community.”
The 2020 Big Share presenting sponsor is Madison Community Foundation. Additional sponsors will be announced.
Learn more at TheBigShare.org!
Since 1971, Community Shares of Wisconsin and its members have worked together to advance social justice and protect the environment in Wisconsin. Together they envision a future where people come together to ensure every member of their community is safe, healthy, and able to thrive.