Support Our Causes
- Make a Donation Now
- Create Your Own Big Share Fundraising Campaign
- Make a Pledge Through Workplace Giving
- Recommend a Grant Through Your Donor Advised Fund
- Pledge a Regular, Sustaining Gift
- Give a Gift of Stock
- Legacy/Planned Giving
- Gifts in Honor of or in Memory of a Loved One
- The Fund for a Just Recovery
make a Donation Now
- You may donate online now using our secure system. A donation to Community Shares of Wisconsin will support all of our member nonprofits. You also may use our system to directly designate gifts to any of our members.
- If you’d like to mail your donation, please send a check to: Community Shares of Wisconsin: 931 East Main Street, Suite 10 Madison, WI 53703
Make a Pledge Through Workplace Giving
A significant portion of our funds are raised through workplace giving campaigns. Workplace giving democratizes philanthropy by allowing employees to make tax-deductible donations throughout the year through payroll contributions. It’s easy to do. Visit the Workplace Giving page to learn how.
Recommend a Grant Through Your Donor Advised Fund
Community Shares of Wisconsin gratefully welcomes your contributions from your donor-advised fund at Madison Community Foundation and other entities.
You may also use DAF Direct to recommend a grant from your donor-advised fund at Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or BNY Melon Chartiable Gift Fund.
Pledge a Regular, Sustaining Gift
Our Sustaining Donors are a special group of friends who commit to regular, sustained gifts throughout the year. This is a good option if you don’t have access to a Community Shares of Wisconsin workplace giving program.
With our Sustaining Donor program, you can divide your annual gift over the course of a year, making it easier on your monthly budget.
To sign up now using a credit card or debit card, use our online form and select your preferred giving schedule in the “Recurring” box. For more information, please contact Development Director Susan Kilmer by email: [email protected] or by phone at (608) 256-1066.
To set up your gift through EFT (electronic funds transfer), download this form and return it to Community Shares of Wisconsin, 612 West Main Street Suite 200, Madison, WI 53703.
Give a Gift of Stock
You may be able to avoid capital gains tax and earn a current-year tax deduction when you make a gift of stock to Community Shares of Wisconsin. A gift of stock can be made by submitting a request to your broker, requesting DTC transfer of the stock to the Community Shares of Wisconsin account.
You can learn more from Executive Director Cheri Dubiel by email: [email protected] or by phone at (608) 256-1066.
If you would like to make plans to support Community Shares of Wisconsin in the future, you can make a legacy gift in the form of:
- A cash gift to our endowment fund (managed by Madison Community Foundation)
- A bequest in your will or living trust
- Retirement plan assets
- Real property
- Tangible personal property
- Mutual funds and variable annuities
- Life insurance and fixed annuities
A bequest, through your will or living trust, is the simplest form of estate planning. If you are interested, here is sample bequest language you can take to your attorney:
- ‘I give, devise, and bequeath (insert amount of gift or percentage of estate, or residuary of estate) to Community Shares of Wisconsin (EIN/Tax ID number 39-1172378), or its successor organization, located in Madison, Wisconsin, to support its activities in Wisconsin’
There are many options, including gifts that can earn lifetime income while minimizing or eliminating estate and gift taxes. Before making a Legacy Gift, we suggest that you consult with your financial advisor or attorney.
If you intend to leave a Legacy Gift, please inform us by contacting our Executive Director Cheri Dubiel by email: [email protected] or by phone (608) 256-1066. Thank you in advance.
Gifts in Honor of or in Memory of a Loved One
This is a wonderful way to acknowledge a person’s commitment to social change. Think about:
- Giving this gift to someone who doesn’t need or want any more “things”
- Celebrating a birthday or anniversary
- Giving a holiday gift in the names of family, friends, or coworkers
- Making a memorial to a loved one
To make a commemorative or memorial gift, you may use our secure system or mail your gift with a note including contact information for the gift recipient or their family.
For more information, please contact Development Director Susan Kilmer via email: [email protected] or by phone: (608) 256-1066
An Update on the Fund for a Just Recovery
Thanks for Supporting The Fund for a Just Recovery
We initiated this urgent campaign for the member nonprofits of Community Shares of Wisconsin in May, 2020 to ensure their operation during the pandemic. Thank you for helping us make sure the work to create a better, more equitable world goes on.
Thanks to your support we raised $81,250! Our board voted to distribute an equal share of the funds to every member group.
Join our mailing list to receive Regular updates delivered to your inbox.
What Our Supporters Say
“I see CSW’s overarching mission as an effort to make the world a better and more equitable place and I like to feel a part of that effort. My continuing support is partly selfish. It feels great to me to be a part of good efforts. I approve of what CSW does, stands for, and accomplishes.”
“First and foremost, [My vision for Madison] […] is that every child born in Dane county would have access to daycare, that is trained and educated, and passionate about working with young children. We need a system of high quality and affordable care; we are all parents regardless of the zip code […] or the color of your skin. We should be able to pay for childcare and not break the bank. Childcare providers should be able to make a good living being a childcare provider.”