Who We Are
WHO WE ARE
Community Shares of Wisconsin has been building the local social and environmental justice movement for 50 years. Its member nonprofits are on the front lines in Dane County and throughout Wisconsin to protect our rights and build a safe and sustainable future for all of us.
A HISTORY OF CHALLENGING INJUSTICE
- Standing up and speaking out on controversial issues
- Challenging policies that harm our community
- Innovative solutions to problems
EVERY VOICE MATTERS, EVERYONE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- We value all donors and supporters: donations small or large can make a huge difference.
- Giving is best when it’s easy and supports the causes you care about.
WE FOSTER COLLABORATION
- Member nonprofits don’t compete but come together at board meetings, trainings, and events. It’s easier to build trust and collaboration when you aren’t competing for funds.
View a timeline of Community Shares of Wisconsin’s first 50 years.
Join our mailing list to receive regular updates delivered to your inbox.
“I see CSW’s overarching mission as an effort to make the world a better and more equitable place, and I like to feel like a part of that effort. My continuing support is partly selfish. It feels great to me to be a part of good efforts. I approve of what CSW does, stands for, and accomplishes.”
“I wouldn’t be who I am today without Wisconsin State Parks. Our parks provide me soul-cleansing inspiration, creativity and perspective. I support Community Shares of Wisconsin so future generations can discover what our parks provide them.”